Tuna with Caponata
The sweet and sour flavours in this Sicilian eggplant dish make for a light meal perfectly suited to summer evenings. Caponata pairs very well with tuna, but consider making a double batch, to have spread on toast or tossed through pasta.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks (about 180gm each), at room temperature
- 1 jar of Caponata (mixed vegetables)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- Lemon wedges (optional), to serve
- Rocket salad, to serve
Method1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Season tuna, then add to pan and sear, turning once, until cooked medium-rare (2-3 minutes each side).
3. Remove tuna steaks and cut in half.
4. Serve with caponata, lemon wedges and salad, and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil.